Quinoa Sloppy Joe
Write a review
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, Finely Diced
- 1 - 15 Ounce Can Red Beans, Drained, Rinsed & Coarsely Mashed
- 1 - 15 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Tomato, Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Rinse the quinoa.
- In a saucepan add the rinsed quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until all of the water is absorbed, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the green bell pepper and cook until both are golden.
- Add the green bell pepper & onion mixture to the cooked quinoa.
- Next all everything else: beans, tomato sauce, diced tomato and spices.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover over medium to low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.