Cuban Fried Pork
Write a review
- 2 Bags Gardein Porkless Bites (without the sour & sour sauce)
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Onion - Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sour Orange Juice (2 parts OJ, 1 part lemon, 1 part lime)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Medium Onion - Sliced Into Rings
- Place porkless bites into a bowl.
- Mix together the garlic, chopped onion, orange juice, olive oil, oregano, cumin and salt. Pour over porkless bites. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove porkless bites from the marinate and place on a paper towel. The coating from the porkless bites will come off, but don't worry! Remove the coating from the bites as well and cook it, it doesn't effect the texture or taste of the porkless bites.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a bit of olive oil. Place the porkless bites in the pan with a bit of the marinate. You want to cook the porkless bites until they're nice and crispy.
- Remove the porkless bites from pan. Fry the onions in the same pan.