Write a review
- 1 lb Potatoes, Peeled And Chopped
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 oz Vegan Butter, melted
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly and mash until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the flour, vegan Parmesan cheese, vegan butter, salt and pepper.
- Using a flat-bladed knife, mix together in a cutting motion, to form a firm dough.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Do not over-handle the dough, or the finished gnocchi will be tough.
- Roll heaped teaspoonful of dough into oval shapes.
- Indent one side using the back of a fork.
- Cook the gnocchi in batches in a large pan of rapidly boiling water for 3-5 minutes each batch. The gnocchi will float on the surface when cooked.
- Drain well and keep warm while cooking the remaining gnocchi.
- Serve in warm bowls, with Tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the extra vegan Parmesan cheese.