Apple Pie Cookies
Write a review
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Ounces Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Very Cold Water
- 3 Medium Apples
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wish together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Use a pastry blender to work the butter into the flour. Work until the butter is the size of small peas.
- Stir in ice water.
- Knead the dough int he bowl a couple times. Divide the dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap.
- Chill your dough for at least an hour.
- In a small dish mix your sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk the egg with one teaspoon of water.
- On a well floured surface roll your dough out, about 1/8 inch thickness. Using a round 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can. Place them on your cookie sheets.
- Repeat with the other half of dough.
- Peel and cut your apples into slices.
- Toss your apple slices in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place an apple slice (or two) on to the bottom circle of your cookie.
- Dip your finger in water and wet the edge of the cookie bottom. Place another circle of dough on top.
- Seal the edges by using the back of a fork.
- Sprinkle the top of the cookies with sugar. Cut a couple small slits in the top of the cookie.
- Bake 25 minutes