Write a review
- 3 Grape Tomatoes
- A few leaves of lettuce
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- vegan Bacon Bits
- I took the tomatoes and diced them up. The cut on the tomato can be larger – it just depends on how big the piece of bread is that you’re going to use. While you cut your tomatoes you’ll want to make sure you get all the seeds out of them. Yes, you have to get rid of all that goodness inside. If you’re like me though it won’t go to waste – perfect snack while you’re working on these.
- Next take your lettuce and cut it up into whatever size you want. I made mine around the same size cuts as the tomato. And the number of leaves will all depend on how much lettuce you want in yours.
- When it comes to the mayonnaise, I used Vegenaise but you can use regular mayo or any other brand of vegan mayo. I measured out 1/3 cup. Again it will depend on how much mayo you enjoy on your BLTs.
- When you have all of this mixed up, taste it. Yes – don’t forget to taste! At this point I added a little salt and pepper.
- I used six pieces of bread. Get your toaster out and toast each slice. I let them cool off so it was easier to handle them and cut them into small squares.
- Take your bacon bits and have a taste of them – you have to make sure they’re good! I sprinkled close to 1/8th of a cup into the mixture.
- Now you take a spoon and place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the toast squares.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon bits, and you’re done!