No More Freedom…For This Week.

My last total day of freedom before the weekend was yesterday. Which bums me out to no end.

This morning, well this afternoon I have┬áto bake brownies for this weekend. Not a big deal. I also have to cook my lentils for sloppy joes we’re having Saturday.

See instead of spending a bunch of money on food at this festival, we just take our own. Though I don’t eat what everyone else eats.

Later this afternoon, around 4, is when we go to the fairgrounds to set up. Depending on how well everyone works it could take two hours or it could take five. I’m really hoping everyone pitches in and it all gets finished quickly. The biggest thing is putting the tent up, it’s huge and normally takes four people to set it up. There’s only two people to set it up…but last year my older brother and I set it up on our own so it shouldn’t be that big of a problem.

I really have nothing new for this festival, due to the events of Monday night.

Monday night while my mom and her husband was sitting on the back steps, he just stopped breathing. So when he stopped breathing he fell off the steps. My mom had to do CPR to get him breathing again before she could even call 911. The bad thing on top of it all is she’s sick and hardly has a voice and I was in my room listening to music – so I wouldn’t have been able to hear her even if she screamed. Well two sets of EMTs showed up and come to find out they were going to life flight him but due to the weather they couldn’t. They didn’t even stop at our “large” local hospital, they took him to a larger hospital in Canton – which is about 45 (on the high side) minutes away. They sent him home the next day, all of the tests came back showing nothing wrong. I guess it’s just one of those things we’ll never really know.

The one thing that kind of pissed me off though is the fact that the EMTs left syringes in our yard! They were by the pool so it’s all fenced in, but the dog picked them up and started bringing them in the house. No kids play in the pool area, but they didn’t know that.

So due to all of that and a major lack of sleep I’ve got nothing finished.

I guess the good thing is I’ll be taking my sewing machine with me this weekend so hopefully first thing Friday I’ll be able to get at least one apron finished.

I was also considering taking everything to finish the tops for my Lolita outfits. Well here’s the thing…due to a few events I’m considering not going to con. I don’t really want to discuss it, but…yeah…



  1. wow, that’s scary. I remember going to the hospital with pains on my right side ready to have surgery because I thought my appendix was going to burst but in fact, it was nothing. I went home that very night and felt better afterwards. I hope he doesn’t have another attack of that.

    How have you been?

    Yeah, my own days of freedom are going to end in a week or two when school starts. I’m excited.

  2. I hate it when I know I’ve got plans for a few days in a row. Even though they might be fun or whatever, I still end up wishing I had the option of having some free time. It’s just annoying sometimes. Good luck with your busy weekend!!

    I’ve worked at a festival before, it was so stressful and I didn’t even have to organise anything. We had a giant tent that took twenty of us to put up, it was such as strange experience. Hope you have fun.

    What happened on Monday night sounds awful, I can’t imagine what that would have been like. Hopefully everything’s okay for you now. And leaving syringes in your yard is disgusting, I can’t believe they’d do that.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *